|Illustration by me!|
How lucky! You have proportional top and bottom halves with a tidy waist in the middle. Most styles suit this shape, skinny is a good fit for figures that are proportional, as are all of the above.
You have a straight figure that lacks curves. Shape creation is they key for this body type, you can do that by either going for boot cut or flares which will create shape at the ankle or by going for a skinny jean which will give shape at the hips.
If you are 5ft 3" or less you are usually better off looking for a petite size range in order to get a proportionally better fit. Those of us that are vertically challenged need to avoid turn ups and cuffs as this can make our legs look even shorter.
Things to consider when "jeans shopping"...
- Try and work out your body shape (I will do another post on body shapes) and dress accordingly. Hide your flaws and dress your assets!
- Make sure your butt crack doesn't pop out when you sit down, always bend down or sit down in the fitting room to check for comfort and fit. Avoid low slung jeans.
- Low slung jeans do nothing for those of us with "muffin tops" so always try to shop for a mid or high rise fit ( this should help the butt crack situation too!)
- Darker washes are more slimming and look smarter.
- Lighter, faded jeans give a more casual look.
- It's worth investing the money in jeans that fit well and flatter our body shape.
|Boot Cut - Petite, Rectangle, Triangle, Hourglass|
|Flare - Triangle, Hourglass, Rectangle|